Toter bins are coming to Harrisonburg in Spring 2021. The 96-gallon bins will be dropped off at many residents' homes by prior to the program's launch in Spring 2021.
Learn more about the Toter bin program by joining us October 12 - 17, 2020 at the Mobile Recycling Unit and starting Monday, October 19th at the Recycling Convenience Center. Public Works staff will be on hand with a Toter bin for residents to check out and to field any questions. Come out and give a Toter bin a test pull. In lieu of a public meeting, these locations were selected to meet COVID-19 safety requirements while still allowing residents to provide feedback. Please be sure to wear your mask and maintain social distancing.
The new Toter bin program will offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Improved curb appeal on "trash day" by making sure everyone has large, uniform bins instead of placing bags on the ground
- Creating progress toward the City's Environmental Action Plan goals
- Increased employee safety by reducing the amount of lifting staff has to endure
- Cleaner streets and stormwater systems (thanks to enclosed, lidded bins keeping debris out of the City road and stormwater ways)
- Improved collection operations and efficiency
- Enhanced COVID-19 safety
- Ease of use for citizens
Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 540-434-5928.
Stay tuned for more information about the Toter bin program, coming Spring 2021!
Did you know? Each Public Works Sanitation crew members physically handed more than 1 million pounds of refuse in 2019.