HPD Data on Use of Force & Arrests:
The Harrisonburg Police Department has compiled the information available below that relates to the use of force by HPD officers, and the number of arrests made by officers in recent years. The Use of Force data provides demographics information and, when possible, what type of force was used. The City of Harrisonburg is working to make information such as this more easily obtainable for residents in order to be transparent about incidents that take place in Harrisonburg and how HPD officers respond. For more information about this data, or other matters pertaining to HPD, please contact our main office at 540-434-4436.
Use of Force FAQs [170KB]
- Incidents of Use of Force for 2019 [115KB]
- Incidents of Use of Force for 2018 [97KB]
- Number of Arrests By HPD Officers 2013-2020 [451KB]
Notice: Access to the Public Safety Building is being restricted as part of a Covid-19 community mitigation strategy.
There is a speaker at the entrance to talk to a receptionist.
- Community Police Academy - March
- National Police Week - May
- Special Olympics Torch Run - June
- HPD PATCH Camp - July
- National Night Out - October
- Restorative Justice
- Geographic Policing
- False Alarm Program Information
- HPD Community Camera Program
- HPD Chief's Advisory Committee
- Harrisonburg Police Foundation
Crime in Harrisonburg: