The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.
- HFD is looking to hire a Deputy Fire Chief! Come work with us! Apply here.
- HFD Deputy Chief Matthew Tobia selected as new City Fire Chief - Press release [357KB]
- HFD Community Fire Academy! *This event has been canceled.
- Due to the current and ever-changing coronavirus situation, the Harrisonburg Fire Department and Rockingham County Department of Fire & Rescue have made the difficult decision to cancel Camp L.I.T this year. This decision was not an easy one to make, but health and safety of both participants and facilitators is paramount. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
- The City of Harrisonburg Fire Department is proud to announce that our customer service survey has been updated to an electronic form! Tell us how we're doing.